I will have two scoops. Two scoops are the perfect chance.
The perfect chance to gaze over every daring flavour and take a BOLD pick.
Something like one scoop of electric green wasabi ice cream anchored by a safe dignified flavour like peaches and cream.
Then if the shooting nose pain from the wasabi was too much to bare the very pleasant pastel peach calmed things down.
Avocado makes a great substitute for cream as the creaminess is lighter with an interesting floral earthy taste. I would even sometimes say avocados have a slightly delicious grassy flavour about them but only very subtly. I think it’s absolutely heaven I have made this into a cake, had over chilled espresso with coconut milk, but also tried them as ice cream sandwiches see cookie recipe below.
Be Daring With Vegan Avocado Ice Cream Sandwiches
Avocado Ice Cream
- 2-3 ripe avocados (250g-300g)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream (chilled cream from can of full-fat coconut milk)
- a squeeze of lemon
- pinch of sea salt
1.Blend ripe avos in food processor till light and creamy.
2.add all other ice cream ingredients and blend until smooth*. Freeze until firm.
*(I have found that as few times I have over blended the avocado mixture. I found it slightly separated, to fix this I added a small bit of the coconut milk clear liquid that was left over when I removed the chilled coconut cream. Adding the clear coconut water brought the ice cream back to perfect smoothness!)
Banana Bread Cookies
- Yield8-10 small cookies or 4-6 medium for ice cream sandwiches
Banana Bread Cookies
- ￼1 Banana (100g)
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Melted coconut oil
- 50g (1⁄2 cup) Porridge oats
- 150g (1 cup pushed down) Ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp Raw cacao powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Mash up your banana then add your maple syrup and melted coconut oil
- Use a food processor to grind your oats into a flour and put in a separate bowl
- Add your ground almonds, cacao powder, and sea salt to the to the bowl with your ground oats
- Combine your wet banana mixture with your dry almond/oat/cacao mixture
- Stir until just combined and roll into balls (make the size for the ice cream sandwiches) and put on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Don’t push down on the cookie dough as you want them to bake up fluffy. Bake at 180c/350f for 10-15 mins. Until golden and cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack and dust with more cacao powder.