Making the Chickpea Flour Pizza
Grilled Chickpea Flour Gluten Free Pizza
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time35 min
- Yield1 Pizza
Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust
- 250ml (1 cup) Chickpea flour or Gram Flour
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- a drizzle of olive oil
- rosemary, black pepper, sea salt
- Green/black olives
- grilled artichokes
- sliced avocado
- sliced and pan fried courgette/zucchini
- sliced spring onions
- smoked paprika eggplant almond cheese
- Whisk the chickpea flour dry to eliminate any lumps then add the water slowly, this keeps the batter free of lumps and air bubbles. If yours is still lumpy even after you slowly added the water you can pour through a strainer. Or use a blender.
- Add the seasoning I choose rosemary but any herb or spice would taste great.
- Heat a grill pan on HIGH HEAT! The hotter the better as I try to go for a crispy crust.
- Add a small amount of oil. Then add your batter a sizzling sound is a good sign. I cook about 5-8 mins each side. You can tell it needs to be flipped as the dough pulls away from the sides. I go for well done as it makes for a crispier crust.
- When ready flip with a spatula and cook for another 5-8 min. After flipping, I add the tomato puree/paste that I season with salt/pepper/garlic powder. And all other ingredients. If you want to add cheese add now.
- I then put it under my oven grill/broiler so toppings are hot. To make a crispier crust heat oven on full and cook for a further 10-15 min this really makes the edges crunchy.
- Slice pizza and add some more rocket leaves or basil and a tall glass of wine.