I am always thinking of ways to dress up my water. Slices of cucumber, raspberries, pieces of ginger, and big fat wedges of lemon. Don’t get me wrong I love water, after a jog feeling tired and hot, water in its simplest form is refreshing!
However, I love flavours and water is the perfect vehicle for an injection of taste. And in the case of turmeric and ginger it also benefits our health to add a bit of jazz. An interesting way to use plants.
Turmeric has a crazy powerhouse of health benefits! If you don’t already know what they are here is a quick list.
Turmeric is high in Curcumic which helps will the following:
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- Strong antioxidant to neutralise free radicles
- Promotes brain health good to treat and heal Alzheimers
- Slows spread of cancer in the body even killing cancer cells
- Alleviates depression
- Can help arthritis symptoms
- Anti ageing
- Lower risk of heart disease
In light of this positive list I thought instead of just Turmeric tea why not Turmeric and Ginger Beer (not exactly traditional). These flavours sing in a curry so why not a healthy fizzy beverage and you don’t have to brew it. A healthy homemade soda.
If you are feeling adventurous and thirty for flavours take the Turmeric plunge!
Instant Turmeric and Ginger Beer Recipe:
- May 23, 2016
- Suitable for diet
- 1.5L sparkling water
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 100 g (large finger size) fresh ginger root
- 2 tsp dried turmeric
- 1 lemon juiced
- Juice your finger of ginger and 1 lemon.
- Then whisk the turmeric into the ginger juice.
- Add and stir your honey.
- Then add your sparkling water and stir.
- Chill or serve with ice.
You may like more or less honey or a squeeze more of lemon.
Hope you like it!