Any day where you don’t have to fly out the door is designed for pancakes!
Enough time to mix the batter, fry, drizzle, eat, and have at least 2 cups of coffee is a blissful morning.
So for me that could be a Thursday or a Sunday but whenever it is I try to do it at least once a week.
I have figured out what seems to keep me a happy camper in my own life is having time to relax.
It sounds so simple and basic but it’s just time that I need.
Just time where I don’t need to go anywhere or do anything. Just lounge at my kitchen table with music, delicious food, and coffee.
While you are enjoying this delicious stolen morning why not change up your pancake stack for fried porridge.
Basically, you mix regular porridge just a little thicker than you normally would, chill, slice, and pan fry with a bit of coconut oil.
Then the fun truly begins because you can decorate these hearty cakes with stewed fruit, maple syrup, coconut yoghurt, nut butter, sliced bananas, melted chocolate, healthy Nutella, cinnamon, and endless more ingredients!!!!
Watch the video for a quick demo.
Coconut Fried Porridge
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time25 min
- 1 mug of oats
- 1 mug of water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- sea salt
- coconut cinnamon yogurt
- fried bananas
- stewed plums
- maple syrup
- Measure and mix your oats with water in a pot and put on the heat.
- Bring to a boil and stir continuously so it doesn’t stick.
- Cook until very thick.
- Put into square deep container with grease proof paper and put into the fridge for 20 minutes or till set firm.
- Its not necessary for the porridge to be cold just firm enough to slice.
- Slice and pan fry with a little coconut oil till golden.
- Serve with favourite toppings.