Sipping deep glasses of vino with that delicate grape flavour exploding in your mouth.
I am by no means a wine-o I know a few grapes and labels I like but that’s about it. But I know for sure that I adore it!
It makes all food taste better and of course makes our heart rejoice!
We should really use it more in sweet recipes so I am starting here with these hearty but delicate flavoured cookies.
Contained in these photos are all things that I would want to have while stranded on the side of the road while my car lodged in a snow drift.
Wine, chocolate, and coffee!
The things that make life make more sense and absolutely bearable.
These cookies are a healthy spin on a classic Italian recipe.
I subbed in oats, olive oil, and maple syrup.
And a bonus is if you have a bit of leftover wine, by all means,
use away! It doesn’t have to be fresh out of the bottle.
Recipe - Italian Oat Wine cookies
- December 7, 2018
- Suitable for diet
- 250g (21/2 cups) oats or oat flour
- 60ml wine
- 60ml oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 100g melted 70% dark chocolate
- Grind oats into a flour with a food processor
- In a separate bowl mix oil, wine, and maple syrup
- Then mix all ingredients together until they become a dough
- Cut evenly into 8 to 10 pieces
- Make long straight shapes then join ends into a circle or donut shape
- Place rounds on a baking sheet and bake at 350f (180c) for 10-15 mins or until golden
- Allow to cool and then dip in melted chocolate