To those of you living in a steamy country with 6-7 months of summer these next few words may puzzle you as I’m sure you are counting the days until the cool breezes of autumn.
Living in the United Kingdom summer is but a blink. A few glorious sunny days with ice cream, windows down, remove cardigan, and iced coffee experiences.
That being the case every summer-esque murmur must be savoured!Just as every last drop of lemon juice can be wrung out. To keep these warm days close to us fresh lemon bars seemed appropriate. Perfect with that half empty punnet of strawberries in the fridge that need a purpose.
Lemon Coconut Tahini Bars
Tahini Almond Base:
- 160g almonds (1 even cup)
- 1/2 cup (90g) rasinis
- 1/4 cup tahini (50g) plus 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 1 tbsp espresso or water
Lemon Coconut Filling:
- 1/4 cup (25g) shredded or desiccated coconut
- 100g (1 small) banana
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- zest of 1 large lemon (1 tbsp)
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup (300g of one tin coconut milk cream only) whipped coconut cream