Ice cream without dairy what’s the point? It’s true one of the best things about ice cream is the cream. Shiny vanilla gloss melting on your lips kissed with sugar.
So maybe you are thinking why bother.
If you have tried “nice cream” it’s a popular healthy no cream vegan ice cream phenomenon. Basically blending frozen bananas to pillows of creamy heaven. Great so it’s sorted.
Not quite, although “nice cream” is definitely worthy of running around the kitchen in blissful excitement. There is a little something missing for me it’s the cream. The glowing fat that makes this dessert so naughty.
The plants with a slippery slickness perfect for this task are coconuts and cashews. To dress up these nuts I have included perfectly October pumpkin caramel with cinnamon and chilli. It’s so delicious it’s ridiculous! Give it a go I promise you will not say why bother!
Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
- October 25, 2016
- Cooking Method
- Suitable for diet
- Gluten Free
Pumpkin Coconut Caramel
- 200g (1 cup) Medjool dates pitted
- 3/4 cup (177ml) Coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pureed cooked pumpkin
- 1/3 cup (80ml) honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Squeeze of lemon
- pinch of sea salt
Cinnamon Chilli Cashew Cream
- 300g Raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 cup (250ml) Coconut milk full fat
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Chilli powder
- splash of Vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in your food processor for the pumpkin caramel.
- Blend all ingredients in your food processor for the cinnamon chilli cashew cream.
- I placed both in a glass dish and swirled the two together to give the ice cream two different consistencies.
- And then freeze until firm 4-6 hours. It does freeze solid so you may want to leave out on the counter for 5-10 mins to soften up. It’s perfectly creamy hope you love it!