Looking to add more flavour to your meals and want to do so quickly?
I think there is a strong link between food full of gorgeous colour and food full of flavour.
It’s not that tantalising sitting down to a plate full of just noodles or a plate full of plain potatoes.
In that sea of beige you know that bit of food is hitting one note. Not pleasant to listen to or to eat.
As I stroll down produce aisle/markets you can’t help but be hit in the face with screaming natural colour! With each of these rainbow hues that is a unique flavour.
So put simply when you add colour you add flavour.
Most of these vibrant tastes mesh beautifully together so you don’t need to get to hung up on what goes together because really it’s a flavour playground.Nor does adding flavour and colour mean that you are in the kitchen for hours.
These simple fritters and salsa take maybe ten minutes to make and pack a flavour punch. To make a bigger more hearty dinner for your family add a big tray of roasted root veg, salad or steamed rice.
Zucchini Fritters and Mango Avocado Salsa
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time5 min
- Total Time15 min
- 1 courgette (175g)
- 50g roasted almonds ground
- 3 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- good pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (for frying)
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 mango peeled and pit removed
- 1 Tbsp spring onions
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 avocado peeled and pit removed
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- pinch of sea salt
- Grate zucchini/courgette and place in a mesh bag or tea towel to squeeze out water (important step)
- Mix all other ingredients together (except olive oil) in a bowl and mix well, don’t forget your pinch of sea salt
- Heat your tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and wait until hot
- Add spoonfuls of zucchini mixture and fry until golden approx. 2-3 minutes each side
- Serve with mango avocado salsa
Mango Avocado Salsa
- Chop mango, avocado, spring onion, and coriander
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well don’t forget your pinch of sea salt