Does anyone get the winter blues?
This time of the year in the northern hemisphere where the mornings are still dark and unwelcoming.
The floor of my bedroom is still uncomfortably chilly and it has been many months since the glories of summer.
This Past Sunday was a classic example when I woke up relatively positive then a negative wall hit me!
You know when your friend asks you how you are and that simple question somehow seems to turn on the tap of tears that you try to push back!
So to annihilate these blues I try and do a couple of these things that put some spring back in my step.
- Get outside no matter what the weather and breath in that air! I like to jog but if you’re not into exercise just take a light stroll
- Have a hot shower that I finish with a refreshing blast of cold water!
Yes, it’s a wonderful rush that gets your body and senses alive!!!
I just started this recently and I am hooked makes me feel amazing
- Take some time to enjoy doing nothing! Yes take some time to rest
- Don’t eat junk it makes you feel like junk
- Eat this amazing avo pea soup with gorgeous pesto gives you some warmth with a taste of spring