The soft crumble of a shortbread biscuit in your mouth followed by a sip of perfectly hot Earl Grey tea.
A mid-morning of bliss that melts away worry and makes you feel happier in general about things.
Even more happy to know the biscuit or cookie that you are munching is GOOD FOR YOU! It is hard to imagine maybe but almonds, coconut oil, and a bit of honey are all that is required to make a healthy cookie.
A cookie with healing powers, protein, and the ability to make your skin glow. Maybe I will have another?
Healthy Salt and Pepper Cookies
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time25 min
- 75g coconut oil
- 250g ground almonds
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Cream your coconut oil and honey with an electric beater or food processor. It will have a soft pillowy look about it.
- Add your ground almonds and mix till it starts to make a loose dough.
- Then add your salt and pepper and keep mixing till its fully comes together.
- Put a layer of plastic wrap on your counter top and shape into a round log approx. 8 inches (20cm).
- Put into the fridge for 1 hour and remove plastic wrap and slice chilled dough into 1/4inch (6mm) cookies keep 1 inch apart.
- Pre heat oven to 140c/300f* Bake for 15 minutes or till edges go brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before eating.
*Tip: Keep baking sheet cold when cookies are placed on top to avoid cookie dough melting. This will keep cookies