It’s 6pm and its still sunny outside!!! Something about a little sun that makes me want to make hundreds of interesting ice cream flavours. So I have married Springs famous rhubarb with exotic cardamom and its all clean eating here.
What is Semifreddo?
This semifreddo dessert from Italy is not technically ice cream but its getting there as it means semi-frozen or “half cold” . Its like a frozen mousse as the coconut cream in this recipe is whipped. Its very easy and very low in honey so you could easily eat two pieces. Feel free to change the flavours to whatever Spring tastes you love.
Rhubarb cardamon coconut semifreddo recipe:
- Chill the can of coconut milk for at least 6 hours. Spoon out the firm cream on the top(don’t use the coconut water) and whip with almost all the honey save 1-2 Tbsp for topping.
- Grind your cardamom pods and add to coconut cream.
- Heat chopped rhubarb with the bit of honey left over and a pinch of cardamom till it softens and cooks.
- Put baking paper into a 9”loaf pan and add the cooked rhubarb to the bottom.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Then add the whipped coconut cream return to the freezer for a few hours.
- Take out of freezer for a 1/2 hour or until you can slice easily.
- Store uneaten slices in the freezer.